Transformational Empowerment Sacred Tattoo Design
The energy of this latest sacred tattoo design feels appropriate for today’s Equinox energy and perhaps as you read through some of the symbolism it embodies, you’ll come to see why I feel it may be a good visual for the insights I shared about in today’s post about Autumn’s return: “Falling” Into the Grace of You – Welcome Autumn Equinox
The drawing is done to scale to fit on my client’s entire left forearm, to the measurements he provided me. The longest length and width both being 12 inches. He already has a full right forearm piece and this one would be an energetic counterpart to that, but also mirroring his current journey.
This design will wrap around the forearm, so the left and right sides were created to come together and match up with each other when they do meet. It is created to face the viewer as seen by someone who is looking at you when you extend your arm to them.
The longer 12 inch area at center where the crane is, is meant to be on the inner forearm and the rest will wrap around his arm, bringing the lion and elephant to the outer parts of it on top. The indented area at the wrist is to provide 2 inches of space on the top of the forearm, where he will later be creating hand pieces to extend into each of his arms, in order to provide room to flow those designs from the hands into the wrists.
The design has a flowing energy that is a blend of divine male and female in the aspects depicted. My client’s right arm energy symbolism feels much more masculine, so I wanted to create a nice, softening balance to that on his left arm, which does represent the more divine feminine qualities within each of us. However, still keeping it strong and interlacing a lot of sacred geometry as well, which is that divine male aspect. This left forearm is meant to show a bit of his inner/vulnerable/intuitive/magickal elements, but in a very empowering way – strength in vulnerability.
It also interweaves soul elements, symbols that are part of his journey, animal spirit guides, elements that support him into his wholeness, symbols he’s worked with in the past, the transformative energy taking place in his life, and the eternal expansiveness and beauty of his unique soul.
He only provided me two elements he really wanted to be a part of the design, which are the lion and elephant. The rest was up to me to intuit together.
The piece was quite the journey to create and a lot of intricacy to layer and weave just right, as I had quite a large canvas to work with, which helps AND also adds to the balance needing to be worked into each part of the story unfolding.
These are the symbols/images that showed up along with some symbolism included. Everything weaves one into another:
- Top right corner – lion: a solar animal of wisdom, strength, personal power, assertiveness, loyalty, majesty, courage, dignity, justice, balance in relationships and emotions, the alchemy of gold
- Butterfly emerging from the lion – butterfly symbolizes transformation, celebration, transition, lightness, soul, time, grace, elegance, freedom, joy and bliss, miracles, flexibility, cycles of life, creativity, gentleness, preciousness of life, as well as the clarity of mind needed before self-transformation and the ability of the soul to embrace it
- At center top – merkaba – “Mer” means Light. “Ka” means Spirit. “Ba” means Body. Mer-Ka-Ba means the spirit/body surrounded by counter-rotating fields of light, (wheels within wheels), spirals of energy as in DNA, which transports spirit/body from one dimension to another.
- An hour glass with sands sifting through that merges with the lion’s mane/energy and stems from the cherry blossom tree below it – hourglass represents time, cycles, nature, balance, transience, inevitability, temporal, transitions, one half is the sky – other is the earth – creating integration of the material and ethereal
- Cherry blossoms throughout on left and right from the growing branches of the cherry blossom trees rooted from below at wrist and expanding/growing up – The breathtaking but brief beauty of the cherry blossoms, according to Buddhist tradition, symbolizes the transient nature of life. They also reflect, in traditional Japanese values, that of purity and simplicity. The cherry blossom is also tied with the samurai culture, representing the fleeting nature of the samurai’s life and symbolic of drops of blood. They also represent the arrival of Spring, end of Winter, end of difficult/challenging periods, joy, beauty, freshness, new generation, life cycle, beauty and sexuality, love in a language of herbs, promise of fruit to come – fruits of your labor revealing in abundance.
- Crane at center with sort of watery design around – crane represents balance, grace, longevity, success, royalty, using your past as a source of strength in the present, protection, quiet wisdom, peace with the inward journey and with solitude
- Torus-like, sacred flower at center by crane – cosmic and life flow
- A lot of energy flows that keep things fluid throughout, alive, and also soften the energy, as well as provide an organic balance to the sacred geometry
- Temple-like feel to the center around crane
- Koi fish swimming upstream in the upper left – koi symbolize good luck and fortune, prosperity, courage, ambition, aspirations to improve oneself and grow/evolve, strength, perseverance through difficult situations, aspiring to great heights – legend has it that koi climb the falls of the Yellow River to become a dragon – the koi is swimming toward the merkaba and butterfly, signifying this spiritual rebirth and transformation into wholeness my client is journeying into
- Elephant that has a hint of Ganesh – I wanted to keep a realism to the elephant like with everything else, as well as movement, fluidity, and power with the ears flowing in the wind which creates this majesty, but does wear some signifying elements to denote Ganesh, including its eyes – elephant symbolism: determination, loyalty, honor, social connection, highly attuned sensitivity, stability, patience, strength, sovereignty, longevity, happiness, good fortune, power. Ganesh – protection, effortless clearing of obstacles, total acceptance, wisdom, knowledge, the energy from which everything manifests and into which everything dissolves
- Above elephant – Buddha in the cherry blossom tree with spiral at third eye
- Top left – nautilus-like spiral spinning and merging with the mane of the lion and from which all around it spins into creation from
- To left of elephant the center of a flower of life – seed of life (split because it will come together when wrapped around arm)
If you would like to partner in co-creating your own sacred visionary piece of artwork or tattoo design to embody the empowerment you desire, you can contact me at email@example.com.
There is currently a waiting list, and a monthly limit of only 6 additional clients I can take alongside that. You can easily make your deposit at the link provided below to embark on this journey in partnership with me.
For more information about the process and pricing please visit: Life Changing Tattoos
Some people have preferred to read my book, Spiritual Skin ~ Sacred Tattoos: More than Skin Deep, especially if they are new to sacred tattoo designs, before embarking on this journey.
If you are drawn to learn more about sacred tattoos you can order a copy of the book here: Spiritual Skin
It is also available in Kindle format here: Spiritual Skin
You can also order your personal copy here: Signed and Inscribed Copy of Spiritual Skin
Posted on September 22, 2014, in Uncategorized and tagged arm tattoos, buddha tattoo, commission art, commission drawings, crane tattoo, custom tattoos, forearm tattoos, ganesh tattoo, hourglass tattoo, koi tattoo, lion tattoo, sacred geometry tattoo, sacred tattoo designs, Sacred Tattoos, spiritual skin, spiritual tattoo designer, spiritual tattoos, symbolic tattoos, tattoo book, tattoo design, tattoos. Bookmark the permalink. Leave a comment.