October’s “Nature Immersion” Challenge
If you don’t receive my monthly newsletters, you may have missed this month’s special, which is another inspired challenge.
If you are interested in receiving my newsletters, which contain monthly reflections, opportunities, and updates, you can sign up for it under the “Announcements” section here where it says “Join the Mailing List”:
I loved how the “Dream Challenge” went in August, and this month will see another interactive month that I have received guidance to put out there to you.
It’s called, the Nature Immersion Challenge.
Since I’m all about wanting to see people thrive, as well as wanting to nurture a return to harmony with Mother Earth, this month I’ll be gifting people based on the following guidelines (PLEASE READ ALL OF THE GUIDELINES AND NOTES THROUGH TO THE END FOR DIRECTIONS ON HOW TO TAKE PART IN THIS, IF YOU SO CHOOSE):
1) You must spend AT LEAST (but not limited to) 15 minutes of quality time in Nature every day this month (starting today, the 3rd or the first day you receive this invitation). This can be anything that you do where you completely shut off all other aspects of life, including technology, and immerse yourself in some meaningful and purposeful way with Nature. This could be anything from a hike, a walk on the beach, meditating on the grass, taking a walk in your neighborhood, digging your feet in the dirt or sand, hugging trees, gardening, sitting in silence on your balcony taking in the sun and air and sending energy to the Earth and receiving her love, spending time with animals, volunteering some where to assist Nature…you get the idea…
2) You must document what you do each day during these 15 minutes (just a brief sentence will suffice), including the time of day you did it (as a short log of the month you’ll be sharing later)
3) I’d like you to please write a few sentences at the beginning, on the 3rd (or first day you begin), of how you’re feeling in your life currently and take one photo of yourself
4) I’d like you to please write a few sentences at the end of the month, on the 31st, of how you’re feeling in your life at that point and anything relevant you feel to share, plus take another photo of yourself
5) You’ll then send me your short daily log, including your brief summary of how you felt and your photo from day one, as well as your brief summary of how you feel and photo on the last day
From any entries I receive, I will then read through all of them and on the 1st of November (or thereabouts, depending on how long it takes to go through them all) gift 3 people surprise gifts, which could be one or more of anything from a free crystal, free Reiki session, free inscribed book, free signed print, major discount on an upcoming event, lunch with me, on me (if you’re local or passing through the area), and/or other free goodies.
PLUS! This just in….a wonderful Reiki student of mine and dear friend, Lynne Day, whom you remember from one of my interviews “Forging Your Own Dream Life” and who is now also an RMT, believes in what I am sharing here so much that she has offered to also gift her services of a distant Reiki session to the three people chosen! Woohoo!! Lynne knows the importance and healing effects of our connection with, and quality time spent in, Nature, as an Adventure Guide herself who spends every day outdoors. Thank you Lynne for your generosity!
The gift and/or gifts will be intuited, based on the person and what I feel would be most supportive and aligned with you.
If only a few people take part, then the more chances of receiving gifts. However, this shouldn’t be something you do because of the gifts, but because you want to create positive change in your life that will benefit yourself, everyone around you, and the Earth at large.
The more time you spend in Nature, the more you start to see and feel from a different perspective, understand the connection between all things, and live with more compassion, grace, inspiration, energy, greater health, and a softer vibrational footprint. I’m supporting you with gifts because I care and I know what a difference this can make in your life. So any level of motivation that can assist you in making the changes you’ve been wanting to have in your life, I’ll do my best to support.
However, I’m hoping that more people will take on this challenge, especially people who don’t normally spend time in Nature, and are ready to make a dramatic impact in the quality of their life that has far-reaching effects.
You have nothing to lose and everything to gain!
It’s really easy and only takes 15 minutes a day!
If you say you don’t have 15 very easy and nurturing minutes then something’s gotta give at some point. Hopefully it won’t take a not so nice something in order to embrace 15 minutes and make the time for yourself and Earth. You both deserve it!
If you think it’s a challenge to find time for Nature for people who live in big cities, you can connect with Nature in a variety of meaningful ways that will positively impact your life.
Every little bit of time connecting with Nature is valuable.
If you need ideas on how to incorporate the 15 minutes, let me know! I have a beautiful woman in a nursing home who’s participating and I provided her some additional suggestions on how to deepen her connection to Nature even from the comfort of her room and bed when she’s not able to get outside with her husband on his visits. So yes, anyone can do this!
I hope you’ll join us and hopefully you’ll continue forward with this long after this month.
There are many ways! And it will all benefit you greatly!!
All entries must be sent to me at firstname.lastname@example.org.
If you are interested in taking part in this, please email me ONLY ONCE AT THE START of your journey and let me know that you are going to be partnering with Earth in this process.
After that, YOU DON’T NEED TO SEND ME ANYTHING UNTIL THE LAST DAY – the 31st – when you’ll be sending me your full log and photos as described above.
Enjoy your time in Nature!!
Posted on October 3, 2014, in Uncategorized and tagged earth, health benefits nature, mother earth, natural healing, nature, nature heals, october special, spend time outdoors. Bookmark the permalink. 6 Comments.