For this week, Whimsical Wednesdays and Monday Musings are coming together from each corner of my worlds – both the artist and writer me – to share an emerging theme of vision and perspective. Since everything is interconnected, it wasn’t a surprise to me to hear from a very tapped-in friend about this theme swirling around in her life and my “seeing” it sneak through with the experiences people are having on a wider scale. And, of course, it hit home here both with myself and my partner, Dave.
Perhaps some of you may chime in as well on this.
Vision and perspective feels important, as it relates to everything shifting so much in the way we are experiencing the world and collective right now. There seems to be a call to alter our perceptions overall and even a mass movement in terms of the things more people are becoming ready to see now. As layers of the veil peel back, we are being asked to see with new eyes and trust what is being shown/felt because that will be more key in creating a different reality than the one we may have thought was the only version of reality available.
As I mentioned, this has been popping up in our own ways here, as just this last week Dave went through a scary experience of discovering he had a detached retina that had potential implications of loss of eye sight if it hadn’t been caught in time, or if the procedure didn’t work. It was a whole very interesting and involved process to go through with quite advanced technology used to fix this, but in the end he avoided having to have the more invasive surgery under general anesthesia, as the first procedure has been successful.
He’s currently recovering this week, but it definitely was “eye-opening” on many levels.
Interestingly, this last Sunday I decided to try some reading glasses for the first time and bought some. I had bad vision when young – was legally blind in fact – and wore contacts/glasses until around 30 or so when I finally decided to have lasik surgery to correct it. I’d always been afraid of doing the surgery, or didn’t want to see on some level, and then embraced that and it was like woah! So weird to see so clearly – like everything was surreal.
My distorted vision had kept me “feeling” safe all of those years, and now I was ready to expose myself and support my gifts, rather than suppress them.
Anyway, until just last summer, I hadn’t gone back to an eye doctor since, because I had better than 20/20 vision. I started noticing some shifts and had them checked out and they said I’m starting to shift now in all ways – near and far sighted, along with some slight astigmatism. However, my prescriptions were so low that it wasn’t recommended I had to get them filled since they’d likely change a lot. It was felt that I could think about it in a year or two when they shift more or just pick up some over-the-counter readers at the store.
I hadn’t done that until now, feeling maybe I would try it out and transition myself slowly. I actually have come to love glasses as I’ve grown older and admire them on people, unlike the younger me who was more self-conscious about it and preferred the blurry world when I didn’t need to see clearly like in school, work, or while driving. I feel that they also add a layer to one’s personality and personal style. Perhaps they may even be more fitting to the artist/writer me I’m evolving into.
My mom ended up giving me some readers that she had and I got another super cheap pair after these first ones you see here, so I have five now at different levels to see what works best or to transition with.
What I’ve found interesting and synchronous to all of this is that while these vision and eye shifts have been taking place, I’ve noticed another big shift in perspectives and approach to my life, overall, which in essence is speaking to what I feel is more alignment.
I know very clearly the type of artist I am now and what I truly love painting and how.
I also was shown that my art is more about being an outlet for creative expression and joy when I feel moved in that direction and not something that feels to be a vocation, but more so an extension of simply who I am.
My writing feels more evolutionary for me – not necessarily that I see it vocationally either, but much more deepening and expanding in terms of growth and moving me out of all comfort zones, as well as facilitating creative expression as a honed in skill that merges and balances both sides of my brain, and that returns me to my more natural self – and voice.
It makes sense that my novel is also going through a huge shift too, which is a result of my stepping away from it for so long and returning now with “fresh perspective.”
I’ve been taking this return in steps, as I think I’ve mentioned before, and creating bite-sized morsels with it that create less overwhelm and more immediate levels of accomplishment, while also remaining detached from any end result ideas.
I envision a lot of work ahead, but the process being much more reflective of where I am now.
The steps I’ve taken so far have been researching a lot of links and books, both my editor had suggested, and ones I felt led to, and printing out the entire manuscript, then page-by-page marking it up with notes and highlighting that didn’t translate when I printed it on our only black and white printer.
Currently, I’m rereading the manuscript and journaling while I do so – both taking notes of major things I want to keep in mind for overall shifts I’ll be making and also somewhat processing my thoughts and ideas on where I may go with things.
Once I’m done reading I’ll have a greater handle on the direction, as I want to let the entire journey guide me, rather than make any decisions yet.
Everyone has their own process, but I’m learning to create mine and what works best for me, along the way.
I had no idea what I threw myself into when first I embarked on this writing adventure, as it is nothing like my first book I quickly pulled together and self-published, and nothing like what I had first envisioned it was going to be.
I’ve simply been embracing every twist and turn along the journey.
I literally jumped off the cliff and am now getting a crash course on what all is involved, learning along the way, and going through the growing pains rather fast – thank you to my editor!
I could never have done it before or had the ability to step back from personal investment in something, as I can now. And even since last I completed the first draft, it’s amazing to see how much I’ve shifted and my perspective has expanded, which of course translates into a whole new story!
My current reading and journaling stage is perfectly aligned for Dave’s downtime week, as I’m able to take my manuscript with me while we enjoy long beach days now that the weather is so nice and we’re in the shoulder season without crowds or noise lakeside – minus a few birds who like to come around and offer their perspective. 😉
Interestingly, yesterday we saw a bald eagle fly above us. She or he was then air-wrestling with a raven who likely wasn’t too excited the eagle was nearby. Our second bald eagle sighting in the last couple of weeks – so yes vision is definitely on a high!
Bald eagles symbolize the courage to look ahead and great vision.
Pure Spirit shares: When an eagle appears, you are on notice to be courageous and stretch your limits. Do not accept the status quo, but rather reach higher and become more than you believe you are capable of. Look at things from a new, higher perspective. Be patient with the present; know that the future holds possibilities that you may not yet be able to see. You are about to take flight.
I also recently shifted camera perspective on myself in a literal kind of way and rather than just sharing photos via my social media avenues, I’ve been nudged into adding some self-videos now and then that remove the barrier that a photo can still create and welcomes people into my world with a more personal, transparent experience of who I am and what my daily world is like.
Recently, I shared a look into my creation space, which the photo at my desk above is from, offering an insight to how I create a nurturing world around me that supports and inspires the dreamy worlds I imagine, via my writing and painting, into life.
I imagine, also, that things will continue to shift as my perspective widens and my vision adjusts into its new level of clarity.
Have any of you been experiencing themes around how perspective changes your experience, or having vision come up in literal or more symbolic ways – including perhaps even an emphasis on intuition stepping forward, more psychic vision becoming clarified, or things you didn’t see before suddenly making sense and stepping out on the scene now?
I thought you might find this last photo fun. I also recently moved these two whimsical dolls into position right in front of me at my desk, so that when I’m working on my computer they are actually staring right at me – and me at them.
I find myself looking into their eyes often while writing and alongside all of the other friends in the creation space I share with Astrid, it’s amazing how many eyes are on me.
They have special meaning to me and are connected with my novel, symbolically representing two of the characters.
The perspective of seeing through their eyes, but mostly that they are seeing through to the heart of me, keeps me focused on that key piece.
As I move through my own journey and hear from others, I constantly notice themes and a big awareness around process. Process has always been inherent in everything, but there’s an increased awareness of process in everything and greater presence around every step. And through that moment-to-moment experience, clarity, commitment, courage, creativity, communication, and celebration are stand-outs.
I’ll break them down, as I see them.
- Clarity – there’s not only a greater need for crystallizing clarity of your intents, feelings, actions, and thoughts to create greater alignment, but there’s also an increased clarity, in general, being felt by many around their dreams and desires that is amplifying the manifestation of them and implementing a lot of life shifts in motion on every level. Veils are parting and awareness is increasing and with the intent to have greater clarity and willingness to truly see and feel, you will break down more barriers to yourself. With clarity comes focus and effective use of energy when you are able to identify what’s going on and what has been speaking to you from within. Now is a time to go within and trust what you receive so you can affirm clarity with actions you take.
- Commitment – there’s a greater need now than ever for unwavering commitment to the things that are most meaningful to you, which includes taking care of and nurturing your own needs as an example of your own life working. With commitment comes care – you realize how important and crucial some elemental things are to your well being and to producing what you want to share with the world, and you care enough to see that through. As we’ve all learned, until you value yourself and what you have to give, you will be left searching for empty value elsewhere. Now is the time to make a firm commitment to what is nudging at your heart. This helps others to do the same.
- Courage – it’s going to be scary, yes, and yet now more than ever there is greater support in seen and unseen ways to help you do what you feel clarity and commitment around. Courage of the heart is essential and it won’t erase fear, but it will accompany you through the journey with the right amount of encouragement to take you through the challenging stuff, step-by-step. If you REALLY want something and REALLY want to make changes, clarity around what that is, commitment to what ever it takes, and the courage to see it through are key. There’s no greater time than now to make leaps and grow exponentially. Courage will see you through the dark areas, as you navigate a new path. Everyone – even the people you admire and see as hugely successful – have harnessed courage to do what they’re doing. It gets easier, but without fears and uncertainties, we wouldn’t have opportunity to rise to the occasion. Remember, while others are leaders for you, you are a leader for others.
- Creativity – cultivating and channeling creativity is vital – I wrote a little about that in my last post Feeling the Potency of Creative Alchemy in Action. Creativity is your power to choose differently, imagine unlimited potentials, flow your life force freely, ignite your passion, and bring love and action together as manifestation. No matter what channel you bring creativity through, the importance is simply that you DO bring it through and this will continue creating new realities and new Earth experiences. You are naturally a creative being and when you are creativity in action, this will help you to trouble shoot any area of your life with curious imagination, as well as help you to bring forth your dreams and goals. Clarity of energy moving through you, commitment to that energy that wants through, courage to keep that fire fueled no matter what, and the willingness to engage your creativity that is throbbing to be expressed. Through creativity we can forge new ways and find new solutions. We can create humanity at its highest.
- Communication – there is heightened importance and need for communication and that includes the communication you have with yourself. Learning to make that a more present, gentle, tender, and open process will benefit you greatly and then help you to be the same with others. Communication is key for all types of relationships and the willing to be honest with yourself and others, while patient, and compassionate. Communication is essential to business endeavors, whether you work alone or co-create with others. You will have the need to enhance your communication skills with customers, clients, and co-workers, or people that you need to engage along the way that will be integral to your goals. There will also be importance in extending your reach of communication to include diversity of people, animals, plants, the Unseens, Nature and the Cosmos at large. This will help you to be in tune and aligned, so that things happen more seamlessly. As we evolve, communication is evolving and there are many forms whether through the written or verbal word, through art, music, your craft…communication goes beyond and into telepathy, which is felt through every interaction and increasing as we are shifting. Brushing up on your communication skills and bringing clarity, commitment, courage, and creativity to the process of how you share yourself is invaluable. The better you communicate to yourself and others, the more fine-tuned and aligned you are with your intents.
- Celebrate – a vital part of the process and journey is to remember to celebrate every step of the way. This includes the small and large accomplishments, the ways in which you have overcome hurdles, something new you’ve been able to do, and each part you move through, regardless if the ultimate outcome has happened or not. This is part of that core gratitude that really makes a difference and how you truly enjoy life to the fullest without punishing yourself along the way. There is always something to celebrate and that starts with you being here in this moment and choosing to be alive at such a creatively fertile time. As Dewitt Jones shares, “celebrate what’s right with the world.” Have clarity of your thoughts, intents, feelings, and desires, then devote yourself to commitment of what you want to manifest, have the courage to see your commitment through, channel your creativity because your piece of the thread in the tapestry is needed and contains your vitality and fuel for your dreams, communicate with yourself and others along the way to help motivate and remain clear and aligned, as well as to support transparency and vulnerability, and then celebrate every step of the way!
So how has this been applying to me currently? Well, mostly with my book’s process – basically my main and only focus at this time in my life, besides the balance of life in general and things I do with Dave, our shared business, and in my personal life.
I’ve definitely seen, after coming to closure with so much from this life’s “past” and every other “past” life and feeling harmony flow through increasingly, that my next spiral of evolution and growth stems around this book – regardless of outcome.
I’ve definitely had clarity with the story, my intent and dream vision with it, and knowing whole-heartedly it is what I desire deeply to bring forth.
I’ve definitely made a soul and heart commitment to it and have just taken that to the next level, with this third phase I’m in with it. The first phase was in writing the full story, the second was in editing and reworking it myself to the best ability I knew how, and the third now involves an outside professional I’ll be working with. More on that…I’ve committed to seeing it through step-by-step and not rushing any part of it and doing it no matter what, taking risks with it in terms of how I’ve written it, and am holding myself to see it through to the end.
I’ve definitely had to muster up my greatest courage with it – or at least my next level of courage, as I’ve moved through many other levels of courage in the face of fears I’ve had up until this point. That included my fear of speaking and having shyness, which led me to embrace teaching, fear of speaking up for myself and saying “no” and having boundaries, which led me to have healthy ones, fear of looking crazy and feeling insecure about who I really am and the magickal me, which led me to vulnerably put that all out there without apology and even create this blog where I share so much, helped me to be at my best with overall well-being, and to no longer be energetically drained, and fears of having no support or security in order to take leaps, which led me to jump into what has called me greatest in my heart to bring forth as my essence expression – or work as some might call it. And now my next level of courage is in phase three of my book where I am handing it over to a professional editor who will completely dissect it and tear it apart, leaving me very vulnerable and at the end, with another round of reworking to do. I had some good news take place yesterday in hearing back from the developmental editor of my choice, after sending her a letter of my intent to work with her and it looks like we’ll be co-partnering likely beginning the end of this week and will be sharing a working relationship for a while. This next phase is a huge process and to say I’m both excited and scared, is definitely accurate! But I am more excited and proud of myself than anything, which brought me to tears at end of last week before I sent her a letter, as I could feel the immensity of this step that was bigger than my book, and I could literally feel a huge leap taking place for my path and my vibrational frequency I have been operating at. And this commitment solidifies the realness of everything and aligns me even more with the vision I have, as I put belief, heart, and clarity of intent into action. There’s no turning back. I was so happy when she accepted working with me and although I’m still far from any outcome, I’m sinking my teeth into it all and sucking the marrow of life, as they say. There is still a very long road ahead, as I’m not rushing any part of it, but I’m excited to be pushed to my highest capabilities and to be challenged to dig deeper than ever to make this the best possible book I can channel it to be.
I’ve definitely been channeling creativity. I think it’s impossible for me not to be, as I would literally die if I wasn’t and when I stop, is when I won’t be here anymore. So onward-ho with creative flow! It’s definitely been my best friend on this writing adventure!
I’ve definitely been engaging greater clarity of communication when engaging myself and others and have put into action all of the things I’ve learned, more and more, so that truly communicating even at tough times, has become so much easier, and so much more present and aware. Communication is definitely coming through for this book, as I work with the written and telepathic word, for the co-partnership with my new editor, and in receiving communication from the Other Realms in channeling it.
And lastly, I’ve definitely been in celebration mode with every part of the process. In the past I’ve had a tough time with processes, because the visionary in me always saw things as whole and the end results, so to have to take things apart, piece-by-piece and go through the human journey, was tough. No longer so. Perhaps I’ve bridged timelines and experiencing it all at once now, or perhaps I’m just more present and grateful, and truly living what life is about and each piece as beautiful without expectation, attachment, and need for a result.
It’s all changed everything and the whole game for me. I know so many others that are also experiencing greater fluidity with it all, and I believe whole-heartedly that we all can.
And just for giggles and a heads-up, here’s two more C’s I’ve experienced and coming up.
Contacts – I’ve noticed an interesting influx of contacts in the last couple of weeks about a variety of things, that include inquiries about old services, invites to be on podcasts, synchronicities shared with people internationally, and even some odd inquiries on things I didn’t even know I had out there. All speaking to me to collective connection (some more C’s) and alignment both in knowing my boundaries and attracting reflections.
Crystals – Stay tuned either tomorrow or some time this week, as with a little opening in time on my hands and another big shift happening, a few crystal friends are ready to move on and I may have some custom and healing openings as offerings. More soon!